Bookmarks for March 16th through March 18th
by Dave Briggs on March 18, 2010
I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- comment.ofqual.gov.uk – Lovely commentable document style consultations from Ofqual
- MINDSPACE: Influencing behaviour through public policy – Institute for Government – "Influencing behaviour through public policy explores how behaviour change theory can help meet current policy challenges, such as how to reduce crime, tackle obesity, or ensure environmental sustainability."
- How Not to Run an IT Project: A Case Study – Well worth a read.
- Open Election Data project – "A new project to help local government open up their election results"
- MIT TechTV – The Future of Government/Citizen Engagement – "From the Mayor of Newark's tweets to the President's online town halls, technology has already changed how the public engages with their government. In a world of ubiquitous broadband, this interaction can radically change how government operates and develops policy. This panel will explore how broadband can transform government/citizen engagement."
- 10 Search Engines to Explore the Deep End of the Invisible Web – I'm not sure how useful this actually is, but it's kinda interesting.
- Local by Social – "This document outlines how local authorities can use social media to achieve more for less. It also highlights the risk to councils if they ignore the technological advances of social media and the people using them."
- Socialtext: The 5 Most Critical Requirements for Enterprise Social Software – "How do you choose the Enterprise Social Software solution that will produce the greatest benefits for your company? In this white paper, we will show you the five most critical requirements for success."
- Carnegie UK Trust – Democracy & Civil Society – Making good society – "Making good society, the final report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Future of Civil Society, argues that civil society has been pushed to the margins in key areas including politics, finance and the media and that this must change."
- Case studies of corporate (social) learning – Great list of examples
You can also see all the videos I think are worth watching at my video scrapbook.
Tags: behaviour, behindthefirewall, broadband, business, carnegietrust, casestudies, casestudy, case_studies, change, civic, civilsociety, collaboration, commentabledocs, commentabledocuments, commentariat, consultation, corporate, culture, darkweb, data, deepweb, democracy, digitalengagement, e-learning, education, elearning, Elections, engagement, enterprise, enterprise2.0, EntGov, fail, failure, gov2.0, govdata, government, government2.0, guide, icele, ict, idea, invisibleweb, it, learning, learning2.0, localgov, localgovernment, marketing, media, mit, News, opendata, opengov, opengovernment, opensocitm, pdf, policy, politics, programmemanagement, project, projectmanagement, quango, readwritegov, reference, report, research, resources, Search, searchengine, searchengines, social, social-learning, sociallearning, socialmedia, socialmediapressrelease, socialsoftware, socialtext, social_learning, society, technology, tools, Video, vote, web, whitepaper, wiki, wordpress