Bookmarks for December 30th through January 9th
by Dave Briggs on January 9, 2011
I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- Engagement advice – Mick reports on a good list of engagement tips via @govloop
- Our Society – "Our Society aims to connect people who are genuinely concerned to move power into communities."
- Can you help? – Personal and Self Directed Learning tool – Carl needs your help to develop this neat learning tool.
- Digital Inclusion – Time for a rethink? – Great post from Paul on digital inclusion and whether the debate is somewhat behind the times.
- Creating democratic, scalable innovation – Great post from @demsoc on the skunkworks debate.
- Local gov blogging – ideas for you – Some great blogging ideas from @ingridk
- Moving your Infrastructure to the Cloud: How to Maximize Benefits and Avoid Pitfalls – Useful whitepaper on cloud stuff.
- Cumbria County Council public consultation – Have your say on council priorities and budget options – Interesting use of Ning for public consultation by Cumbria County Council.
- Nick Davies: The Julian Assange Investigation — Let’s Clear the Air of Misinformation – Make no doubt about it – the Wikileaks / Assange situation is a hell of a mess.
- The rise of the parish council – Nice little article in the Guardian about very (hyper?) local democracy.
You can also see all the videos I think are worth watching at my video scrapbook.
Tags: assange, bigsociety, Blogging, cloud, community, consultation, digitalengagement, digitalinclusion, engagement, guardian, innovation, learning, localgovernment, localisminaction, nalc, network, nickdavies, ning, oursociety, parishcouncils, skunkworks, socialmedia, tips, whitepaper, wikieaks