Bookmarks for January 27th through February 19th
by Dave Briggs on February 19, 2011
I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- Big Society – if the price is right – Interesting views on Big Society from a blogging councillor within my local district.
- The impact of IT decisions on organizational culture – O’Reilly Radar – "It's said that with great power comes great responsibility. Among business functions, the IT group has disproportionate control over what can and can't happen in an organization."
- Have your say – Code of recommended practice for local authorities – DCLG's online consultation discussing how data should be made available by councils.
- Thriving too: Big Society: Community Organising – Why? – Great post on the role of the community organiser
- Around the Local Government World in Ten Days – Nice writeup of a bunch of interesting events and meetings by Carrie
- Local engagement in the land of big sky and sausages – Great blog post picking up my 'place as open source system' idea by @jiiiii
- Are you social or anti-social? – Interesting, challenging stuff from @joannejacobs
- What does ‘cloud’ mean for the public sector? – Nice post written by @lesteph for Huddle summing up our webinar chat about cloud in government.
- Coté’s People Over Process » The US Federal Government and Open Source – Really interesting overview from @cote
- 5 Things we learned from UK GovCamp 11 | Delib Blog – Nice summary from the guys at Delib!
You can also see all the videos I think are worth watching at my video scrapbook.